How Did You Join the ISLT Program at FSU?
I am a fifth-year Ph.D. Candidate in the Instructional Systems and Learning Technologies program at Florida State University. I received an M.A. in Educational Technology from Seoul National University and a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education with a minor in Pedagogy at Jinju National University in Education in South Korea. During my master’s, I was involved in various professional and academic projects in teacher professional development, from managing the leadership training for principals to developing online teacher training programs for public K-12 teachers for three years. Also, I have explored teachers’ online learning behaviors and perceptions using authentic data extracted from Learning Management Systems or social media. Currently, I have been focusing on teachers’ behavioral and cognitive professes of digital curation practices and the role of Personal Learning Networks (PLNs) as my dissertation.
My research interests include K-12 teachers’ professional learning and information behaviors in their Personal Learning Networks, integration of Open Educational Resources in teaching practices, and digital accessibility. Regarding the methodology, I am currently focusing on quantified qualitative data analysis (e.g., Quantitative Ethnography, Social Network Analysis, Epistemic Network Analysis, content analysis, etc.).
- Dissertation: Teachers as curators of digital resources and the role of Personal Learning Networks
This study explores teachers’ behavioral and cognitive processes of digital curation for teaching practices and participation in their personal learning networks. I expect that this study will help better understand how teachers curate digital information for educational purposes via PLNs.
- Network Analysis in Education: A scoping review of research in formal and informal learning from Pre-K-12 to higher education: Hajeen Choi, Jiyae Bong, Yujin Park
This study aims to provide a comprehensive overview of the research on the application of network analysis in both formal and informal learning contexts.
- Elementary STEM teachers’ Open Educational Resources and TPACK in a professional learning network: Yujin Park, Jewoong Moon, Hunhui Na
The purpose of this case study is to explore a Professional Learning Network to understand Elementary STEM teachers’ use of OER, TPACK, and its relationships. Also, we discuss implications for supporting elementary teachers to benefit through PLN and apply in STEM education.
- Instructors’ digital accessibility competencies for online learners with disabilities in higher education: Yujin Park, Jewoong Moon, Hunhui Na
The aim of this study is to contribute to the literature by providing information about instructors’ digital accessibility competencies in higher education and their needs to support equitable and inclusive education for learners with disabilities.
- An exploration of collaborative instructional design for teacher training programs: Yujin Park, Giovanna Tang
This study investigates the main focus of the practices for instructional designers in the teacher education field. Using social media data, we plan to identify the major themes they discuss and the relationships among the themes by applying content analysis and Epistemic Network Analysis.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yujin.park.942/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yujin-park-a1459247/